Updated: Jan 30, 2020
Our love for rugby and our responsibility to contribute to the comprehensive development of our kids are the two principals that we base our program on.
Kids from the age of 3 to 9 can enjoy this wonderful and easy way of learning the necessary skills of Rugby. RSD prides itself to teach children a healthy and safe way to enjoy sports. We understands that loving the game of rugby means enjoying the time spend with friends and family by playing and being healthy. Enjoying every moment they set foot on the Rugby field and doing so safely.
RSD ensure that your child get the benefit of enjoying Rugby while learning important developmental skills and how to be safe when playing sports.
• Development of physical fitness, strength, and coordination of participants from ages 3 to 13 years
• Skill development start at an early stage
• Early exposure to correct rugby skills and techniques.
• Children learn the importance of a healthy lifstyle.
• A child’s ethical and moral sense are developed through learning and playing by the rules.
• Rugby orientated skills and strategic components of playing rugby learned through the RSD program, improve concentration and evaluation.
• RSD as a development and life skill program, enhance social skills like sportmanship and co-operation.
• RSD promotes a healthy sense of competition and motivation.
• By being part of a sport program, self-esteem and selfworth are established and maintained.
• RSD provides a safe environment where skills can be developed.
• Pro-active involvement in the RSD program where life skills as well as physical skills are acquired, not only improve the lifestyle of the children but also of the parents.
• Sport require memorisation, repetition and learning– skill sets, that are directly relevant to class work. The determination and goal-setting skills that are acquired through the RSD program, can be transferred to the classroom, thus less children with learning disabilities.
RSD program teach teamwork. Fighting for a common goal with other players and coaches, teaches you how to build a collective team synergy and effectively communicate the best way to solve problems. This will be very helpful in life when encountering problems.
We’re looking forward having your child apart of our program!